Hello Folks, this is Jim from Japan, a chief chef of a Japanese restaurant. Here I come with my experience about Rice Cookers which we use a lot in these days. I serve boiled-rice to people for more than 15 years and I have used more than 100 rice cookers in that time. So, I have a very decent idea about rice cookers and most apparently I know which rice cooker is best for you. Let’s come to the point.
Generally three types of people need rice cooker regularly.
- Students need this product for their dorm room and boil a lot of stuffs by it.
- Parents who need to make dinners regularly to serve family, friends and relatives. They also need to make special dishes occasionally.
- Chefs need this rice cooker more than others. They have to make a perfect rice-made food and serve it to the people.
Thus, people have many choices when they want to buy the best rice cooker. They read all Rice Cooker Reviews and find the best one for them. Nowadays rice cookers have more cool features than before. We also have some specific demands in the features of rice cooker. But, you should also keep it mind that those special features come with more dollars from your wallet.
How to Choose the Best Rice Cooker
There are some matters which will find out the best rice cooker for you. This is tricky thing but you will admit that, these points are really effective to choose the best rice cooker for your kitchen. So, what are those points? Let’s see.
Size really matters when it is about rice cooker. If you buy the rice cooker for your family then you have to consider the number of family members before buying. Nowadays different size’s rice cooker is available in market such as 1 cup, 2 cup, 4 cup, 10 cup rice cooker etc.
Which Rice Cooker You Need?
3 Cup Rice Cooker
Actually the size of your rice cooker depends on how much rice you want to prepare. You don’t need a 10 cup rice cooker only for yourself unless you are a monster-eater! So, it depends up to you solely. If you have 6 person in your home, then you should buy a rice cooker depends on that number.
Which Materials You Want for Rice Cookers
This is actually the inner cooking pan which makes the difference between good and bad. Two types of materials people like most for their rice cookers. These are:
- Aluminum or Stainless Steel: The benefit of this pan is you could use it for heavy use and nonstick coating for easy cleanup.
- Charocal or Clay: It is made by clay and naturally nonstick without the artificial coating.
Features People Looking for in Rice Cooker:
There are some special features besides the basic features of rice cookers. These features could make boost to a company of they use their brain trickily. Here are some special features people love to get:
- See-through lid: It helps you to monitor your food’s progress
- Steam Vent: A steam vent in the lid helps prevent any bubbling over.
- Measuring Lines: It is a substitute of measuring cup and a lot of people like this feature too.
History of Rice Cooker
Rice is a very popular food in the worldwide especially in Southeast-Asian countries. This food is very nutritious and culturally most popular staple too in those countries. The very first model of rice cooker “Toshiba” was made by Japan in 1955. It had only a few features, but now we have various innovative cookers with numerous features.
We use rice cookers mainly for rice, but it could provide you more cooking support easily! Actually some people found versatile use of this product. They use it to boil other foods even egg too!
How Rice Cooker Works?
There are four steps of cooking rice with cooker machine. Only two things could generate from small and hard rice to soft-boiled rice. You can make this process by four easy steps.
- Sitting in Water
- Boiling it perfectly
- Absorb the water
- Resting all
Every rice cooker has a main body, an inner cooking pan, an electric heating plate, a thermal-sensing device and some necessary buttons. Simply, the cooker warms its stuffs by heating the cooking pan from the heating plate and we get our boiled rice.
Generally water boils at 100 degrees Celsius and when it turns into a steady boil, it won’t get hotter. The temperature of pan will be stable until there is water in the pan. When the rice absorbs the water in the pan, it will be boiled because the temperature will rise immediately. The cooker will understand this transformation and switch off the machine. Then, it needs resting only before “eating”. This is a general picture of cooking rice with this home appliance.
Successfully Use Rice Cooker
Almost all of us has a rice cooker, but everyone can’t take proper care of this appliance and as a result he/she can’t get the same result. To get the best of it everyone should follow some rules.
- Wash the rice very cleanly, because it helps you to clean off the germs attached with the rice.
- Maximum rice cooker has an optimum load capacity. So, you should carefully measure the cup volumes which you keep in the pan. Better is selecting a small cup and always use same cup of rice to boil without exceeding the power of the cooker.
- The measure of water varies with the classification of rice. Normally short grain white rice and some types of brown rice need the same amount of water. But, rest types of rice need different sum of water; you may find it on the manuals. One thing is older rice needs more water than fresher.
Top 10 Best Rice Cookers Reviews of 2014
Here we ranked top 10 best rice cookers reviews by buyers’ satisfaction rate, special features, durability, stamina etc.
- Aroma Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer: The best rice cooker in budget price ever! It is one of the most wished rice cookers I have ever seen. It makes your cooking experience better than before and provides you healthy restaurant-quality rice. This Aroma Rice Cooker has capacity of 2 to 8 cups of any variety of rice. It will automatically switch to keep-warm when the rice is finished. It is very flexible to cleanup properly.
- Instant Pot Programmable Rice Cooker: It is a 7-in-1 multi-functional cooker contains pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt maker, Steamer and Warmer. The control panel has 14 built-in smart programs, Dual pressure, Automatic keep warm and 3 temperatures for saute and slow cook. You can set manual setting up to 120 minutes of cook time.
- Black & Decker Rice Cooker: This is a 3 Cup Rice Cooker with easy one touch operation. It has also automatic keep-warm mood with handy indicator lights. Removable nonstick pot makes it easy for cleanup. For your benefits, it has stay-cool handles to hold it.
- Aroma ARC-743-1NG Rice Cooker and Food Steamer: Another awesome rice cooker by Aroma. It can provide two to six cups of cooked rice easily. Its special body automatically keeps it warm for hours which is a great support for members. A big fact is it could simultaneously steam vegetables and rice when you are cooking rice. The operation system is also simple with one touch operation switches and all accessories are dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
- Instant Pot IP-LUX60 Rice Cooker: This Instant Pot IP-LUX60 is one of the most luxurious rice cookers and it is a 6-in-1 programmable pressure cooker containing pressure Cooker, Saute/Browning, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer & Warmer. It has some smart features like automatic keep-warm and 3 temparature for saute/browning and slow cook. It made by 3-ply bottom stainless steel cooking pot stainless steel steam rack, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, instructions, recipes, and cooking time tables.
Top 10 Rice Cooker Brands
Customer Support, size, price, durability
- Aroma Rice Cooker
- Zojirushi Rice Cooker
- Panasonic Rice Cooker
- Black and Decker Rice Cooker
- Cuisinart Rice Cooker
- Rival Rice Cooker
- Sanyo Rice Cooker
- Tatung Rice Cooker
- Prestige Rice Cooker
- Cuckoo Rice Cooker
Rice Cooking Tips